Posted on June 30 2015
Happy Canada Day, Daubettes!
Our hit list for a hot summer:
1. Festivals: We're hitting up two of our faves on the Wanderlust Festival Circuit in Squaw Valley, CA and Whistler, BC. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more details as they come! Hope to see you there as people from all over the globe gather for a weekend of mindfulness, yoga and meeting new friends.
2. Indulge in handcrafted chocolate from Cocoa West Chocolatiers. Husband-and-wife team Joanne Mogridge and Carlos Vela-Martinez create each little bite of "wow" from Certified Organic and locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Spoil yourself with a weekend getaway to their unique Bed & Chocolate boutique accomodation at the "Chocolate Suite".
3. Keep an eye on The Social Yoga's location for their series of nomadic events, following the philosophy of "no matter where you go, there you are." We're digging their collaborations with local companies such as Vancouver's Farmers Market for the Sundays at the Market Series at Guelph Park in Mount Pleasant, which include 3 weekend sessions of yoga and fresh groceries from the market.
4. Want to hit the beach but hate the crowds? Check out BC Living's list of Secret Beaches to explore new parts of the Lower Mainland. Alternatively, try these fresh watering holes to do a day trip to.
5. Refresh with organic cold-pressed juice, nut beverages, and raw shakes from Glory Juice Co. Find them at: 2186 West 4th, 4027 MacDonald St., or in Olympic Village at 78 East 2nd Ave. Psst… they also deliver (and offer cleanses if your summer is getting out of control!)