In-store at 3012 Granville Street, Vancouver BC.
- High-end, Canadian-made activewear & lifestyle clothing.
- Female owned and operated company.
- Since 2010, we have designed and produced in Vancouver, BC with a focus on Canadian-made manufacturing.
- Focus on responsible manufacturing, sustainability and small business.
- Small tight-knit team with room to learn and grow.
Our company is seeking a Store Manager to join our team. Working in tandem with our Founder and Creative Director & as part of the DAUB team, you will be the heartbeat of the company day to day. Daily tasks will including visual merchandising, recruiting & onboarding new talent, incentivizing staff to excel at their positions, purchasing and managing inventory and analyzing data to make strong business decisions. This position requires a self-motivated individual, who will be customer facing and responsible for both reaching daily sales targets, as well as customer service online and in-store.
We're looking for detail-oriented individuals with strong written & verbal communication skills who are self-driven, solutions orientated, and who enjoy working on their own to complete tasks with set deadlines.
DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS: What you will be doing
- deliver a high level of customer service in English, both in-store and online.
- work the sales floor to greet guests, educate clients on our product line & our story and to support guests needs.
- process transactions and manage inventory using Shopify and Moneris.
- reach out to clientele regularly regarding new product drops or restocks and follow up on sales leads.
People & Promotion:
-hire & train new staff in product knowledge and our systems; assist with creating, updating & executing existing training systems as needed to keep staff up to date.
- weekly scheduling, payroll and reviews of staff performance.
- foster a positive, team focussed, incentive-based sales environment for staff to hit sales targets.
- create & schedule promotions and host events monthly to increase traffic & sales at our physical location.
- seek out & form strategic partnerships with brands & influencers who are aligned with our values & mission.
- assist with in-store photography & video for social media & email marketing as needed.
- responsible for the daily operations, cleanliness & security of the store.
- develop & follow a budget for labour, inventory & expenses. Analyze sales data to support purchasing, inventory allocation, hiring and scheduling.
- visually merchandise the store weekly and utilize sales & trend analysis to purchase inventory complimentary to the brand & a healthy lifestyle.
- assist with everyday tasks such as shipping online orders, answering emails, receiving inventory or requesting transfers and updating the website regularly with product information, merchandising and posting & responding to reviews.
- update costs of goods sold; analyze data weekly to determine markdowns and keep track of damages and returns.
- monitor inventory levels consistently to ensure there is enough product to meet current demands and assist in forecasting for the next season.
ABOUT YOU: What makes you unique
Customer Service & People:
- you love people, retail, sales and are passionate about the customer experience.
- you are kind, love inspiring others and bring a positive attitude to work.
- you communicate clearly and can make informed decisions that respect the customer while upholding company values.
- you are comfortable working alone & with others as a team.
- you navigate technology easily and are fluent in Shopify, Canva, Klaviyo/Mailchimp.
- you learn new systems easily
- please mention if you are proficient in Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- you love data analysis and all the nitty gritty details of retail. You apply this knowledge to the daily operations of the store.
- you pride yourself on a clean, organized environment.
- you can prioritize for efficiencies, find solutions and multi-task.
- you are a quick thinker and problem solver from technology to conflict resolution to finding the perfect outfit for a client.
- you understand margins, cost of goods sold, retail seasons & promotional strategy.
- you have an entrepreneurial spirit at heart. You can see the picture and take initiative to get there.
- you’re independent, take initiative and are interested in continual building of skills & betterment of self.
- you’re curious, energetic, motivated and dynamic. You have the ability & confidence to contribute.
- you lead a mindful, healthy lifestyle and the brand fits your every day.
- you can lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- 3 years minimum retail experience & customer service.
- 1-2 year preferred of retail management
BENEFITS: What we have for you
- base rate plus various incentives for commission and/or product.
- store discount
- casual dress - activewear, professional loungewear.
- both strong written & verbal English are required.
- 4-5 days a week availability. Our hours of operation are 10am-6pm daily and we need weekend & holiday availability.
- you must live in Vancouver and have a valid work permit or SIN number
- this is a permanent position.